Monday, August 23, 2010

Do you have to prepare yourself emotionally to lose weight effectively?

Someone told me, I know I'm overweight, but I have to be ready to lose weight.  As I focus on the thought, I realize it's true, you have to make a decision to go an effective weight loss program.  Why is that so?

  •  Emotional eating is easy
  •  Fast food is cheap

Emotional eating:-
Do you know why we put something in our mouths when we are emotional?  Think about this, have you noticed when a baby is crying, the first thing the mom does is to stick a pacifier in the baby's mouth?  We are creatures of habits, so what is the first thing we do when we are hurting?  We eat.  For example, I had a slice of pie with whip cream for dessert, but after a slice, I desired another slice until the pie was finished.  Do you think after the first slice, I was eating dessert.  No, I was eating to satisfy a need.

Fast food is cheap:-
Fast food is very popular, and it's very convenient to purchase.  They are very low in cost and are highly processed with additives.  They don't satisfy the body's need for building blocks or nutrients, but it satisfy the immediate hunger, and cravings.

For these two reasons alone, it's a very difficult decision to lose weight effectively.  Why?  We'll have to face the emotions we were trying to avoid, and we'll have to learn other behaviors to deal with those emotions.  Let's face it, fast food taste good.  The alternative would be to learn how to prepare your own healthier choice of meals, and after a long day at work, who needs that right?

With 50% of the heart diease, cancer, stroke, or diabetes deaths are diet related, doesn't stand to reason that we should change the way we look at food today?

No comments:

Post a Comment